Jamie York’s 7th Grade Waldorf Math Book Set includes the 4 core books in our Making Math Meaningful® curriculum series for teaching math to 7th grade students. This set is especially for our homeschoolers. You’ll get:
• A Middle School Curriculum for Teachers and Parents
• 2 7th Grade Workbooks (Student’s and Teacher’s Editions)
• Fun with Puzzles, Games and More! for 4th through 12th grade.
The 7th Grade Year: The beginning of abstract thinking. Seventh grade is an important year academically. This is the year when the students start to develop abstract thinking (through algebra, physics, essay writing, etc.), and when study habits are developed. Getting homework done regularly (even in small amounts), and keeping a well-organized notebook, are both very important. It is relatively common for a student to enter seventh grade weak in math, but then to “wake-up” during seventh grade, and, in the end, to enter high school quite strong in math.
A Source Book for Teaching Middle School Math by Jamie York (formerly our Middle School Curriculum Guide).
Individual Price: $26.95
How to Make Math Meaningful? That is one of the greatest challenges for math teachers – particularly in today’s world! This Source Book for Teaching Middle School Math from sixth through eighth grade provides a method of teaching that helps develop the whole human being.Download or view Making Math Meaningful Curriculum Sample Pages). Jamie York’s teaching experiences have brought him to understand that if math is to be meaningful to students, it must have these elements:
|Be Developmentally Appropriate||Challenge the Students|
|Work with Questions||Offer Interesting Material|
|Allow for Depth||Provide the Historical Context|
As a Waldorf math teacher, Jamie realized this type of guide was greatly needed. Making Math Meaningful® provides a developmentally appropriate, direct and logical approach to teaching 6th – 8th graders math. Each grade level and topic include numerous examples and explanations. Math should not be a series of meaningingless procedures to solve meaningless problems. It is a vehicle for developing our thinking, including our creativity and problem solving capacities.
Includes a working of 7th grade percents unit, major reworking of 7th grade ratios unit. Two new sections for 8th grade,calculating the Area of Four Types of Triangle, calculating the area of a Cone and Pyramid and much more!
· Additional puzzles for grades 6 – 12
· 100’s of puzzles for grades 4 – 12.Are you looking for a new math challenge for your students?Do you need a resource of ideas that will give your students the opportunity to experience the thrill of mathematics?And, what about providing a good puzzle or game that will give everyone the understanding of true problem-solving?Randy Evans, Mick Follari and Jamie York have combined their knowledge and skills to create a puzzle and game book that is a perfect reference for middle school and high school teachers.The book is divided by grade level. It contains not only, puzzles and games, but also math magic tricks and classroom activities. It’s an ideal solution for providing something different for tomorrow’s math class!