JAMIE YORK, author of the Making Math Meaningful® books for Grades 1 through 12 and Waldorf math consultant offers grade-specific live workshops and Re-Imagining Math (all-grades) Workshops for teachers and parents at host schools around the US and internationally.
SCROLL DOWN for general information on these two types of workshop and for details of our SUMMER 2017 GRADE-SPECIFIC workshops in Boulder, Colorado.
UPCOMING Re-IMAGINING Math (all-grades) workshops – others still to be confirmed in Mexico, Guatemala, Columbia, Brazil, Peru, Pennsylvania.
WEST COAST WORKSHOP, Eugene, Oregon. February 20-22, 2017. Details and information HERE.
The Netherlands, April 20 – 22, 2017. Contact is Joppe Kneppers email@example.com. The workshop will be in Zeist.
SUMMER 2017 GRADES WORKSHOPS. REGISTRATION NOW OPEN. Space is limited for these special live workshops with Jamie. They will be held at Shining Mountain Waldorf School in Boulder, Colorado. The high school does not have air conditioning, so we want participants to understand this before they come. We will have fans. As we will be filming, we can only open the doors during breaks. If you are okay with that, we’d love to have you. Reserve your spot EARLY.
GRADES 1 – 3 June 19 – 21, 2017 Details and registration HERE.
GRADES 4 – 5 June 23 – 25, 2017 Details and registration HERE.
GRADES 9 June 27 – 29, 2017 Details and registration HERE.
GRADES 10 June 30 – July 2, 2017 Details and registration HERE.
AMY LLOYD-RIPPE, who joins Jamie York in teaching the lower grades 1-5 workshops in June 2017 in Boulder, Colorado, was a class teacher at the Meadowbrook Waldorf School in Rhode Island for 18 years. She continues as a faculty mentor, as well as a Board member and Human Resource committee member. She has been a student of Anthroposophy for 23 years and is a graduate of the Antioch New England Waldorf Teacher Training program.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT Jamie York’S LIVE WORKSHOPS. Jamie offers 2 TYPES of workshops for teachers and parents:
- Re-IMAGINING MATHEMATICS workshops (a 2-workshop series for all grades)
- GRADE-SPECIFIC Workshops (SCROLL DOWN for details, including about our upcoming Grades 1-5 and Grades 9 and 10, Summer 2017.)
Our Re-IMAGINING MATHEMATICS workshops
- There are two math workshops in the Re-IMAGINING MATH series:
The Art of Teaching Mathematics
The Wonder of Mathematics
- Each Re-IMAGINING Mathematics workshop lasts 2 days with an evening lecture (for both participants and non-participants) held the evening before Day 1 of the workshop.
- Charter and Public school teachers, Private Waldorf school teachers, Home school teachers. For teachers and parents of all grade levels, including high school math teachers.
- The content is a balance between lectures on pedagogy, problem solving, math games and puzzles, geometry, sample math curriculum topics (from a variety of grades), and Q & A.
- Hosting a workshop is affordable! By inviting participants from other schools, the cost to the host school is discounted. Getting enough outside participants can result in no cost to the host school (except for Jamie’s lodging, food and travel).
- CLICK HERE to download a sample SCHEDULE for the The Art of Teaching Mathematics workshop.
- CLICK HERE to download a sample SCHEDULE for the The Wonder of Mathematics workshop.
- CONTACT US if you are interested in hosting one of these workshops. Jamie’s calendar is filling up quickly. We are already booking workshop and school visit dates for the 2017-2018 school year.
GRADE-SPECIFIC Math Workshops for teachers and parents
This summer, Jamie York is offering the following live grade-specific math workshops in 2017 (Registration links at the top of this page.)
Grades 1 – 3 (combined): June 19 – 21 with Jamie York and Amy Lloyd-Rippe.
(See Amy’s bio below.)
Grades 4 – 5 (combined): June 23 – 25 with Jamie York and Amy Lloyd-Rippe.
(See Amy’s bio below.)
Grade 9: June 27 – 29 with Jamie York.
Grade 10: June 30 – July 2 with Jamie York.
- We are planning on offering these grades specific workshops only once. We are filming each of them with the intention of making them available as ONLINE WORKSHOPS in the near future.
- Grades 6, 7, and 8 math workshops took place last summer. We hope to have these ready for release online by the summer of 2017.
VIEW our VIDEO: GLIMPSES OF WALDORF IN TAIWAN with JAMIE YORK HERE.
Filmed during Jamie’s Re-IMAGINING Math workshop with Taiwanese teachers and parents in 2015.
MATH WEBINAR RECORDINGS with Jamie York. These webinars have not been edited. If you purchase a webinar, we will mail you details of how to access it within 48 hours. It will be available to you for at least a week. Each recording is just $15.
Here’s what one participant said who attended two webinars, including the arithmetic webinar :
They certainly were inspiring and a great solution for teachers living in “small” countries (Waldorf wise). It is great to see a waldorf teacher explain so well and so “down to earth.” At our school, I hope to be able to positively influence how arithmetic facts are studied. Thank you! NH, Israel.
This is an opportunity to sit in on a 50-60 minute session with master teacher and Waldorf teacher trainer, Jamie York of Jamie York Press. Documents referred to by Jamie in these webinars are available for download on the Downloads pages of this website. Our ALGEBRA webinar also features a NEW VIDEO about the scale puzzle – a clever and imaginative way to introduce the concept of equations in algebra. CLICK ON THE GRADE to go to our webinars page to purchase a webinar.
GRADE 3 – Learning Arithmetic Facts (cultivating a sense of number).
CONTACT US for Jamie’s other rates for working with schools.
KEEP UP TO DATE with Jamie York Press Inc. via FACEBOOK.